Since 15 years, the RunHélico flight school has trained more than 45 pilots, some of whom have continued their training to become professional pilots and/or instructors.
The PPL(H): Private Pilot Licence (Helicopter). This license allows you to fly any type of helicopter for which you are qualified, worldwide. *However, in Reunion Island, the practical navigation test cannot be validated due to the lack of overflight distance and the number of airfields. The obtained license will allow you to fly without limit on the island of Reunion but will require a reserve to fly elsewhere.
The private helicopter pilot license PPL(H) allows you to exercise, without remuneration, the functions of captain (CDB) or co-pilot on any helicopter carrying or not passengers or freight.
A private pilot may exercise his privileges during his profession, provided that the flight is only incidental to the practice of that profession.
A private pilot may share the operating expenses of a flight with his passengers. Under no circumstances may he receive remuneration.
Conditions to obtain the PPL(H) license:
- Be 16 years old at the time of the first solo flight (without instructor on board);
- Be 17 years old at the time of the flight test;
- Be declared fit for the class 2 aeronautical medical examination by an approved physician;
- Satisfy the theoretical exam;
- Justify a minimum of 45 hours of instruction for a student with no experience (ab initio) for a PPL(H) or 39 hours of instruction for a student who is already an airplane pilot if 60 hours or more of flight time as an airplane CDB.
- Satisfy the practical exam (2h30 of test flight approximately).
Professional pilot and instructor since 2000, Guy Payet created one of the first helicopter pilot schools in Reunion Island in 2003 to make helicopter pilot training accessible to as many people as possible.
For 15 years, he has trained more than 45 pilots, some of whom have continued their training to become professional pilots and/or instructors.
With the same rigor and kindness he approaches each mission with professionalism and friendliness.
Guy Payet will make you discover the beauty and the diversity of the landscapes of his island